Blue Tongued Snake

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Da Capo (by Ruru)

It's been years, of course, since I read the first Harry Potter book, and now that I've finished the series I thought it would be interesting to do a re-read. First of all, I didn't remember that the book starts with the defeat of Voldemort and the death of Harry's parents. My, I thought my memory was better than that!

It's interesting to consider Harry's aunt Petunia's behaviour in light of what we learn later about her early attitude to witchcraft (ok, I'd better stop so no spoilers).

I've only re-read the first two chapters, but I have to say that the descriptions of Dudley are quite funny - as a baby he's a "large pink beach ball", and later a "pig in a wig"! That's my favorite part so far. Well, that and Harry's conversation with a snake - I didn't realize he spoke to snakes already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home